Rafael Caiaffa Suspended from BSOP Millions for Violating Tournament Rules

On 20 November 2023, a Brazilian poker player Rafael Caiaffa was suspended indefinitely from the Brazilian Series of Poker (BSOP) Millions event for breaking a tournament rule. As reported, Caiaffa added extra chips to his stack at the start of Day 2 of the Latin America Poker Tour (LAPT) currently running in Sao Paulo to violate the rules and gets an indefinite suspension from the tournament.

Suspicious Chip:

The breach was noticed by another player and verified by the video surveillance records proving that Caiaffa had kept a 100,000 chip stack in his backpack and used it together with the initial 100,000 chip received during registration for the event. According to Poker News, the player was down to 10,000 chips at one table to step away and get back at another table with a suspicious 110,000 chip that triggered the organizer’s reaction.

As reported by Super Poker, Devanir Campos, CEO of BSOP, explained the situation: “He got involved in a hand, lost a lot of chips and was changed tables. Upon sitting down, Caiaffa placed the other extra chips he had received. At this moment, the players brought this fact to our attention and we took the action we had to take,” Campos said.

Notable Poker Player:

Rafael Caiaffa is a notable Brazilian player who reportedly played the World Series of Poker (WSOP) in the summer of 2023. Poker News reports that he also won the online bracelet in a 2022 GGPoker tournament. Soon after the incident at the BSOP Millions event of the LAPT tournament, Caiaffa admitted adding an extra stack and agreed that the suspension was a fair measure for the violation of the tournament rules.

According to Poker News, Caiaffa said: “The truth was this: I entered the Mystery KO max late and they handed me 200,000 chips, 100,000 on the island and another 100,000 on the table. I realized right away that I received more, and I even mentioned it to a friend of mine. I told him that I would return it soon, but it happened that they broke my table at the time, we only played three hands.’’

He added:’’Then I thought: ‘it won’t change anything if I keep the chips, it was their mistake’. But obviously, I was the one who made the mistake. I don’t take away my responsibility. A player at my table noticed and spoke up, and he’s more than right. The floor came and saw everything that happenedCome from Online Betting Site. I also told the truth and he eliminated me.”

Rafael Caiaffa has been suspended from the event indefinitely. Despite his recent participation in the reputable poker tournaments, Caiaffa will not be allowed to to take part in any upcoming BSOP Millions tournaments.

Related Posts

Concord Has Sold About 25,000 Copies And Should Have Launched As A Free Game, Analysts Say

The latest big PlayStation game, the multiplayer shooter Concord from developer Firewalk Studios, was a misfire upon release earlier this month and might have sold only 25,000…

Star Wars Outlaws Is Dropping Forced Stealth, So You Can Start Blasting Your Way Out Of Trouble

As part of its ongoing overhaul, Star Wars Outlaws will be dropping forced stealth sections from “almost all” parts of the game with its new patch. In…

A Walking Dead Game Is Being Delisted Just Three Months After It Launched

Skybound Games and Other Interactive have announced that The Walking Dead: Betrayal will be delisted on December 11 and the game will shut down on December 15….

College Football 25 Only Trails Call Of Duty And Fortnite On Popularity Chart

EA’s College Football 25 hit the ground running this week, it seems, as the game’s early player statistics are proving to be extremely impressive. Come from Sports betting…

Fallout 4 Next-Gen Update Out Now, See The Patch Notes

Fallout 4’s long-awaited free next-gen update is rolling out today, April 25, ushering in performance and quality improvements to help the 2015 RPG look and perform potentially…

GTA 5 Could Have Had A James Bond-Like Story DLC, Actor Says

An increasing focus on Grand Theft Auto Online meant that 2013’s Grand Theft Auto 5 never received any story DLC–but this wasn’t always the plan. Voice actor…